• Introduction by Eva Dusil • Editing by Gabriel Dusil • 24th February 2015
• Our wedding was on the 24th of February 1968, and remember that it was a cold day. The first part was a civil wedding ceremony at the City Hall in Košice. From there we went to the big cathedral, Dóm svätej Alžbety. After the reception we went to my parent’s apartment on Krmanova 3. My father hired a cook to do the catering. Taci was responsible for getting the wine. Your father was still in the military at the time of the wedding. He chose his brother as his best man, just as his brother chose Taci when he got married. The wedding group was not very big – somewhere around twenty people. The wedding party included close family, friends and teammates from judo. It was a happy day. Today would have been our 47th anniversary.
• A year and a half later on 5th of September 1969 we left Czechoslovakia. We celebrated your first birthday in Paris, and you took your first steps there as well. We were there with your uncle’s family as well as your godparents, Slavo and Milica Sykorsky. We spent nine weeks in Paris, arranging for visas to enter Canada.
If you missed the other posts on Mamička, you can link to them here:
- 1 • Mamička
- 5 • Mamička & Taci • Wedding
- 19 • Mamička • Veterinarian
- 22 • Mamička • Keszthely
- 25 • Mamička • University
- 32 • Mamička & Taci
- 33 • Mamička • Horses
- 40 • Mamička • University
• Digital Photo Restoration
• Top row – Pista Oravec, Juraj Mazanek, Pepo Vosecky, and his sister Alica Vosecky • Second row – Uncle Nandor Wawrek (My dad’s uncle on his mother’s side), Karol Dusil, Erika Dusil, and partially hidden is Sonja Leitman • Third row – Csaba Kende (“Nadapy” my grandfather) Stefan Kende, Roman Dusil (baby), Attila Kende, Robert Dusil • Fourth row – Viera Kendeova, Zuzka Dusil • Bottom row – Valeria Kendeova (“Nanika”, my grandmother) and the bride and groom, Eva Dusilova and Vaclav Dusil.
Alica Vosecky, Attila Kende, Csaba Kende, Erika Dusil, Hosszu, Karol Dusil, Nandor Wawrek, Oravec, Pepo Vosecky, Robert Dusil, Roman Dusil., Sonja Leitman, Stefan Kende, Valeria Kendeova, Vavrek, Viera Kendeova, Zuzana Dusil, Zuzka Dusil, Gabriel Dusil, dusil.com
2 thoughts on “Family • Photo Restoration • 5 • Mamička & Taci • Wedding”
Hi Gabriel – a distant voice from Woking!!
How are you all ? Hope life is being good to you.
Hi Michael, good to hear from you! All is well in Prague, working mainly on my blog these days. Hope you’re doing well. Say hi to Rita 🙂