Here is a selection of common questions I get from models. If you have any questions of your own, then feel free to send me a message.
📷 Why [A Photoshoot]?
- Maybe you want new photos for your social media, or want to update your portfolio. Or it’s a desire to capture how we look and feel at a given moment in time. Feel beautiful and let that beauty shine through the lens.
🌐 Where [Do We Shoot]?
- Photoshoots are outside, typically in public gardens or other scenic parts of a city. We want our models to feel safe in a public location and in a natural setting.
🕕 When [Is the Photoshoot]?
- Ideally, we would determine the sunset time and begin the photoshoot around three hours earlier. The photoshoot will finish once the sun sets. For example, if the sunset is at 21:00, then we would meet around 17:30 and begin shooting at 18:00. This gives us a half-hour to prepare and answer any questions.
- Of course, shooting depends on the weather. We check the forecast in the morning to make sure that the lighting, temperature, and clouds will be good for an early evening photoshoot.
🚩 Where [are Photos Posted]?
- All images are sent to the model in full resolution (after a bit of artistic license, touchups, color, and composition corrections). A selection of ten to thirty photos is posted as a promotion on this blog, naming the model, location, and other particulars of the shoot. Only model-approved images are posted. Hyperlinks to the model’s social media can also be accommodated.
👗 What [Should I Wear]?
- We recommend bringing three extra sets of summer clothes and various styles of shoes so that we can capture a variety of shots. Skits, dresses, and blouses suitable for a summer day are ideal. Ripped or embroidered jeans, shorts, and modern fashion also work. I request that you do your makeup, hair, and nails for any close-ups. The preferred theme is “natural” and “glamorous”. Arrive with confidence and bravery. Feel engaged and relaxed. This way we’ll the best images. If you have any suggestions or creative ideas then I’m more than happy to find a style that works for you.
💃 What [Is the Secret to a Great Photoshoot]?
- A great portrait reveals the soul. The more you can give yourself to the camera the better will be your images. It’s important to let go and feel free.
- Other than that, preparation is important on both sides. I typically scope out the location a few days before we meet to plan the shooting style, pose ideas, and get a handle on the lighting.
🎬 What [About the Photos]?
- I typically take between 800 and 1600 photos during the shoot. In post-production, these images are edited down to around 10% of the best photos. Some of the final images are stylized with artistic license. you will receive all final images in JPG and their native resolution.
- Prints are available for order and priced separately here:
📝 How [Should I Prepare]?
- Don’t forget to bring some water for hydration, and maybe a couple of protein bars for energy.
💰 How [Much]?
- The price for a 2-3 hour session is €900.
🤭 But [I’m Shy]!
- No worries – the starting point is to show up! We’ll have tea, coffee, or a cold drink. We’ll discuss the process and I’ll answer any questions. Don’t worry about posing or positioning. I’ll give you some “tricks” of the trade and coach you throughout the session. Only do what makes you comfortable. This way you’ll get the most out of your images. The first few minutes may feel awkward, but when you see the initial images on the camera preview then you’ll quickly realize that your photos will be fantastic.
© Gabriel Dusil, © gabrieldusil.com
The unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Gabriel Dusil and gabrieldusil.com with appropriate and specific directions to the original content.