• Introduction by Eva Dusil • Editing by Gabriel Dusil • 2014 November
• My early inspiration to veterinary medicine was from a veterinary student named Karel Šestak. He was renting a room in our apartment, and was studying at our local Veterinary College. Thanks to him I knew that I wanted to be a veterinarian. I was ten years old at the time. When I told him my aspirations, he smiled, as if not believing in a young girl’s dream. But he wished me well. Little did he know that one day we would become professional colleagues. Karel lived in our apartment until he graduated. He married the neighbor’s daughter and went on to work as a county veterinarian not far from where we lived.
• I was in ninth grade when I decided which middle school to attend. At that time in Czechoslovakia, we had two types of middle school. There were high schools called “gymnasium”. They prepared students for academic university studies such as engineering, law or medicine. Gymnasium is where the intellectuals went, and were viewed by the communists as the future leaders of the country. Then there were ‘technical’ schools for machinery, administration, or agriculture. Veterinary studies at the time was not considered an intellectual discipline because it fell under the umbrella of farming and husbandry. It was possible to attend university from a technical middle school, but it was much harder to get in. Luckily a veterinary technical school called Poľnohospodárska Technická Škola (PTŠ) was close by my home, on the outskirt of the city. I began my studies there in 1960. Little did I know that my future husband had just finished his final year at the same middle school, three months earlier.
If you missed other Mamička posts, you can link to them here:
- 1 • Mamička
- 5 • Mamička & Taci • Wedding
- 19 • Mamička • Veterinarian
- 22 • Mamička • Keszthely
- 25 • Mamička • University
- 32 • Mamička & Taci
- 33 • Mamička • Horses
- 40 • Mamička • University
- 46 • Mamička • Circus
- 50 • Mamička • Inspiration
- 52 • Mamička • Farm
- 54 • Mamička • Horses
• Digital Photo Restoration
• 8 minutes 31 seconds
• CEO • Strategist • Entrepreneur • Speaker
• Photographer • Designer • Creativist • Writer • Blogger
• Teacher • Trainer • Geek • INTJ • Father
Gabriel is a seasoned sales and marketing expert with over 25 years in senior positions at Motorola, VeriSign (acquired by Symantec in 2010 for 1.25 billion US$), SecureWorks (acquired by Dell in 2011 for 612 million US$), and Cognitive Security (acquired by Cisco in 2013 for 25 million US$). He is a blockchain entrepreneur, with strengths in international business strategy.
Gabriel has a bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics from McMaster University in Canada and expert knowledge in crypto incubation, cloud computing, IT security, and digital video technology. Gabriel also runs his own company, Euro Tech Startups s.r.o.
Hobbies include photography, video production, motion graphics, digital graphics, photo restoration, carpentry, martial arts, traveling, blogging, and trying to be better than yesterday.
- Photography • https://Dusil.org
- Facebook • Facebook.com/dusilg
- LinkedIn • Linkedin.com/in/GabrielDusil
- Twitter • Twitter.com/dusilg
- Instagram • Instagram.com/gdusil
- Professional Blog • Dusil.com
- Personal Blog • GabrielDusil.com
- Consulting • EuroStartups.tech
- Behance • Behance.net/Dusil
- YouTube • youtube.com/user/gdusil
- SlideShare • Slideshare.net/gdusil