He became what he was destined to become.
• We don’t change to the person we become. Life exposes who we always were from the beginning. As we get older some find ourselves segmenting their lives into chapters. Sometimes they are separated by tragic events. Maybe they’re events that significantly changed the direction of their lives. All our chapters formulate the book of our lives, and shape our destiny.
• Chapter I • 4,649 days
• Growing up I wasn’t the greatest brother. I was an angry kid, and didn’t have a strong bond with my sister. I could say that it was partially due to the example set by my friends. It seemed we all had a love-hate relationship with our younger siblings. Or maybe it was just my perception. Looking back I think my behavior was mainly influenced by the bullying I faced in elementary school. I was “that guy” no one liked. Possibly it was because I wasn’t from the same neighborhood. I went to a school close to my parent’s animal hospital, not where we lived. That way it was easy for me to walk there after school. Our house was far from school, meaning that on the weekends I never played with my classmates. When you’re bullied then your anger is so fixated on the aggressors that you’re oblivious to the fact that you are the bully to someone else. Many people told me I would regret my behavior, and that turned out to be true. My sister didn’t deserve it, and I try to make up for it to this day.
• I don’t even remember seeing my sister when she was a baby. I am six years older than her, and I often used that as an excuse why we didn’t bond. I realized that when she was born I had already starting my first year in elementary school. After school I would walk to the animal hospital and stay there until my father finished work. By the time I got home my sister was getting ready for bed. So there was little chance for us to get to know each other. For most of my adult life I have tried to be a good brother.
If you missed the other Gabičko posts, you can find them here:
- 18 • Gabičko • Mentors
- 38 • Gabičko • Chapter I
- 39 • Gabičko • Chapter II
- 43 • Gabičko • Chapter III
- 48 • Gabičko • University
- 51 • Gabičko • High School
- 53 • Gabičko • High School
- 56 • Gabičko • University
• Digital Photo Restoration
• 6 minutes 8 seconds
• Founder • CEO • Strategist • Entrepreneur • Speaker
• Photographer • Designer • Creativist • Writer • Blogger
• Teacher • Trainer • Geek • INTJ
Gabriel is a seasoned sales and marketing expert with over 25 years in senior positions at Motorola, VeriSign (acquired by Symantec in 2010 for 1.25 billion US$), SecureWorks (acquired by Dell in 2011 for 612 million US$), and Cognitive Security (acquired by Cisco in 2013 for 25 million US$). He is a blockchain entrepreneur, with strengths in international business strategy.
Gabriel has a bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics from McMaster University in Canada and expert knowledge in crypto incubation, cloud computing, IT security, and digital video technology. Gabriel also runs his own company, Euro Tech Startups s.r.o.
Hobbies include photography, video production, motion graphics, digital graphics, photo restoration, carpentry, martial arts, traveling, blogging, and trying to be better than yesterday.
- Photography • https://Dusil.org
- Facebook • Facebook.com/dusilg
- LinkedIn • Linkedin.com/in/GabrielDusil
- Twitter • Twitter.com/dusilg
- Instagram • Instagram.com/gdusil
- Professional Blog • Dusil.com
- Personal Blog • GabrielDusil.com
- Consulting • EuroStartups.tech
- Behance • Behance.net/Dusil
- YouTube • youtube.com/user/gdusil
- SlideShare • Slideshare.net/gdusil