• Introduction by Eva Dusil • Editing by Gabriel Dusil • 2014 October
• Four years after we emigrated, we bought our own veterinary clinic. It was a big achievement considering we didn’t even know a word of English when we first arrived in Canada. Vašek loved veterinary medicine, and was an excellent surgeon. He was very much liked by our clients.
• Vašek was also a very good handyman – constantly busy building and improving things around the house. He enjoyed travelling, and seeing the world. Even with our tight finances it was important for Vašek to see the world. He would say,”They can take your ‘things’, but they can’t take what you have experienced”. The comment partly came from his deep seated resentment of the communist regime, which confiscated all private property in 1948.
• Vašek also found a lot of fulfillment from sports. He enjoyed competing and teaching judo. He played soccer regularly with his Czech and Slovak friends, and hockey throughout the 70’s with his fellow veterinarians. He was competitive and ambitious, but would never boast about his success. The happiest moment in his life was when you and your sister were born.
If you missed the other Taci posts, you can link to them here:
• Digital Photo Restoration
• 1 minutes 42 seconds
• Pepo was one of my dad’s best friends. He was like an uncle to me, and his son Tommy is like my brother. To this day I will never forget the time that Pepo was over during one of our family parties. I was around eleven years old. Pepo was an awesome chef, starting Pepo’s Bistro in the 80’s with his wife, Vlasta. On one visit to our house he made the the most amazing lamb chops. I distinctly remember him pouring beer in the frying pan over and over again. I watched his passion for cooking, as he made our dinner. To this day nothing has come close to those lamb chops.
• 2 minutes 55 seconds
• 6 minutes 38 seconds
• Postscript from my Mom • 2014 October • Your father was the only one in his class to finish with honors, which meant that he received a red diploma. It was quite an achievement. By the time he graduated, his two brothers had also graduated with honors, so it was very important for him. There was a lot of competition between the brothers.
• 4 minutes 4 seconds
• Postscript from my Mom • 2014 October • This is Taci’s announcement of his graduation as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (MVDr.). This was a good example of his modesty, because he doesn’t even mention in the invitation that he graduated with honors (i.e. designated by the red diploma shown below).
• 1967 • Hlučίn, Czech Republic • Military Service
• 3 minutes 22 seconds
Andrej Collak, Anna Collakova, Attila Kende, Csaba Kende, Darina Poprenakova, Digital Restoration, Dusil Family, dusil.com, Edo Novak, Erika Dusil, Eva Dusil, Gabriel Dusil, Ivan Spisak, Iveta Kende, Juraj Bialko, Karol Dusil, Kende Family, Ladislav Kende, Maria Collakova-Korytkova, Maria Dusilova, Michal Jr, Michal Korytko, Nyarjas, Orendas, Pepo Vesecky, Robert Dusil, Robert Dusil sr., Slavo Sykorsky, Stefan Kende, Vaclav Dusil, Valeria Kendeova, Vera Kendeova
• CEO • Strategist • Entrepreneur • Speaker
• Photographer • Designer • Creativist • Writer • Blogger
• Teacher • Trainer • Geek • INTJ • Father
Gabriel is a seasoned sales and marketing expert with over 25 years in senior positions at Motorola, VeriSign (acquired by Symantec in 2010 for 1.25 billion US$), SecureWorks (acquired by Dell in 2011 for 612 million US$), and Cognitive Security (acquired by Cisco in 2013 for 25 million US$). He is a blockchain entrepreneur, with strengths in international business strategy.
Gabriel has a bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics from McMaster University in Canada and expert knowledge in crypto incubation, cloud computing, IT security, and digital video technology. Gabriel also runs his own company, Euro Tech Startups s.r.o.
Hobbies include photography, video production, motion graphics, digital graphics, photo restoration, carpentry, martial arts, traveling, blogging, and trying to be better than yesterday.
- Photography • https://Dusil.org
- Facebook • Facebook.com/dusilg
- LinkedIn • Linkedin.com/in/GabrielDusil
- Twitter • Twitter.com/dusilg
- Instagram • Instagram.com/gdusil
- Professional Blog • Dusil.com
- Personal Blog • GabrielDusil.com
- Consulting • EuroStartups.tech
- Behance • Behance.net/Dusil
- YouTube • youtube.com/user/gdusil
- SlideShare • Slideshare.net/gdusil