“Ultimately the purpose of life boils down to one question:
What do your children think of you?
Our highest value is to live in the memory of our children.”
• All three Dusil brothers were competitive and ambitious. This may have been due to genetics and partly because of their environment. All three brothers were denied many things growing up; They’re father wasn’t around during their formidable years so their mother carried the boys through their teenage years and into manhood. The repressive communist regime, was also a contributing factor, where a capitalist definition of ambition was prohibited. My uncle once told me they felt persecuted by the repressive communist regime. The best way for them to get back at them was to get the most out of iron curtain’s education system and use that to thrive in the West. All the Dusil brothers made a tremendously positive mark in this world, using their own resourcefulness, intelligence, and determination.
• One year after the Warsaw Pact Invasion, the two youngest brothers saw their opportunity to escape the regime. The oldest of the three had already settled in Sweden with no plans to return. After they emigrated a local journalist wrote about the Dusil brothers – In so many words he said that they took advantage of the communist education system and abandoned Košice Judo. It’s worth noting at this point that higher education in the communist regime was free. Often candidates were accepted into university, not based on their scholastic achievements, but based on the position their father held in the communist party. Of the 150 students that started in my uncle’s engineering class, only 50 finished. The journalist may have been politically pressured to write the article, although this has never been confirmed. In retrospect, the property their father owned, confiscated by the communists in 1948, would have covered the Harvard education tuition fee for all three boys.
• The brothers fought a lot, but stuck together when necessary. My dad’s temperament was closer to his mother’s, and the youngest brother was somewhere in between. The oldest brother was most similar in personality to their father. My father was the most sensitive of the three boys. My uncle once said to me, “You could easily hurt his soul”.
If you missed the previous posts on Dusil, then click on these links:
- 6 • Dusil • Cezar
- 15 • Dusil
- 23 • Dusil • Emigration
- 26 • Dusil • Brothers
- 29 • Dusil • Christmas
- 31 • Dusil
- 34 • Dusil • Inchy
- 36 • Dusil • Pets
- 37 • Dusil • Brothers
- 42 • Dusil • Immigration
• Digital Photo Restoration
• 8 minutes 47 second
• CEO • Strategist • Entrepreneur • Speaker
• Photographer • Designer • Creativist • Writer • Blogger
• Teacher • Trainer • Geek • INTJ • Father
Gabriel is a seasoned sales and marketing expert with over 25 years in senior positions at Motorola, VeriSign (acquired by Symantec in 2010 for 1.25 billion US$), SecureWorks (acquired by Dell in 2011 for 612 million US$), and Cognitive Security (acquired by Cisco in 2013 for 25 million US$). He is a blockchain entrepreneur, with strengths in international business strategy.
Gabriel has a bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics from McMaster University in Canada and expert knowledge in crypto incubation, cloud computing, IT security, and digital video technology. Gabriel also runs his own company, Euro Tech Startups s.r.o.
Hobbies include photography, video production, motion graphics, digital graphics, photo restoration, carpentry, martial arts, traveling, blogging, and trying to be better than yesterday.
- Dusil Photography • https://dusil.org
- Model Mayhem • ModelMayhem.com/Dusil
- Fotopátračka • https://www.fotopatracka.cz/u/dusil
- Model Management • https://www.modelmanagement.com/member/dusil-photography/
- Facebook • https://www.facebook.com/gdusil/
- Twitter • https://twitter.com/dusilg
- Instagram • https://www.instagram.com/gdusil/
- LinkedIn • https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabrieldusil/
- Personal Blog • https://gabrieldusil.com/
- Professional Blog • https://dusil.com/
- Consulting • https://EuroStartups.tech