• Introduction by Eva Dusil • Editing by Gabriel Dusil • 2014 November
• I loved animals from the moment I was born. At least that’s what my mother told everyone. Anything on four legs fascinated me. When the circus arrived to my town of Košice, Slovakia, I was the first to run to the park. I watched with longing as the circus performers did their chores, wanting to be part of their daily routine. Other children rushed to see as the circus unfolded. My little heart trembled in the hopes that someone would call out, “Hey, you… Yes you… Come over here and help us!”
• The big moment arrived when they opened to the public and I could finally see the animals. I never had money to buy a ticket, but somehow I always managed to sneak in without being noticed. This was the place of my dreams. It was where I belonged. I loved the smell of horses, monkeys, and the wild cats. The smell of hay was the sweetest smell and remains so till this day. In the morning they would feed the lions and tigers and clean the beautiful Lipizzaner horses. The monkeys screeched as I walked by their cages. There was excitement in the air. I was in heaven.
• Finally the day arrived when my mother took me to the circus. It was a moment of great anticipation. With the little money we had I didn’t experience many circus performances, but this one was magnificent. Since I was a lively child it was difficult to keep me seated for long. I was ready to disappear into the stables at any moment. Nobody could stop me from going to see the horses. All I wanted was to caress and talk to them. I had no fear. I would hug them, blow gently on their nose, touch them as far as I could reach and watch those beautiful dark eyes as they followed me. I was one with them and never wanted to leave.
If you missed other Mamička posts, you can link to them here:
- 1 • Mamička
- 5 • Mamička & Taci • Wedding
- 19 • Mamička • Veterinarian
- 22 • Mamička • Keszthely
- 25 • Mamička • University
- 32 • Mamička & Taci
- 33 • Mamička • Horses
- 40 • Mamička • University
- 46 • Mamička • Circus
- 50 • Mamička • Inspiration
- 52 • Mamička • Farm
- 54 • Mamička • Horses
• Digital Photo Restoration
• 4 minutes 51 seconds
• Documents & Articles
• CEO • Strategist • Entrepreneur • Speaker
• Photographer • Designer • Creativist • Writer • Blogger
• Teacher • Trainer • Geek • INTJ • Father
Gabriel is a seasoned sales and marketing expert with over 25 years in senior positions at Motorola, VeriSign (acquired by Symantec in 2010 for 1.25 billion US$), SecureWorks (acquired by Dell in 2011 for 612 million US$), and Cognitive Security (acquired by Cisco in 2013 for 25 million US$). He is a blockchain entrepreneur, with strengths in international business strategy.
Gabriel has a bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics from McMaster University in Canada and expert knowledge in crypto incubation, cloud computing, IT security, and digital video technology. Gabriel also runs his own company, Euro Tech Startups s.r.o.
Hobbies include photography, video production, motion graphics, digital graphics, photo restoration, carpentry, martial arts, traveling, blogging, and trying to be better than yesterday.
- Dusil Photography • https://dusil.org
- Model Mayhem • ModelMayhem.com/Dusil
- Fotopátračka • https://www.fotopatracka.cz/u/dusil
- Model Management • https://www.modelmanagement.com/member/dusil-photography/
- Facebook • https://www.facebook.com/gdusil/
- Twitter • https://twitter.com/dusilg
- Instagram • https://www.instagram.com/gdusil/
- LinkedIn • https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabrieldusil/
- Personal Blog • https://gabrieldusil.com/
- Professional Blog • https://dusil.com/
- Consulting • https://EuroStartups.tech