• Introduction by Gabriel Dusil • 2015 March
• Having veterinarian parents carried an expectation that we would always surrounded by animals. Certainly that was the case – even at home. But it also seemed appropriate for my parents to go above and beyond that expectation. That’s why, when I was five years old, getting a Great Dane made sense. Even more appropriate was to call him by the nobles of names: Caesar (Named after Julius Caesar – although we used the Slovak spelling of Cezar).
• When we took him for walks on our street we always had neighbors approaching us, fascinated by his size. “Wow, he’s as big as a horse!”, was the most common comment. Back then many people had never seen a Great Dane in their life. During those years we were always known on the street as, “The veterinarians with the big great dane”.
• When we were young we would even ride Cezar. In the early days he was strong enough to hold me, but eventually only my sister was light enough for Cezar to hold her weight. Looking back, it may have seemed like a form of torture – parading on Cezar’s back as if we were riding a horse. Our friends watch us as if we were a act circus. At the time we felt that Cezar was relishing in the attention. Eventually we stopped our antics when it was clear he could no longer carry us.
If you missed the previous posts on Dusil, then click on these links:
- 6 • Dusil • Cezar
- 15 • Dusil
- 23 • Dusil • Emigration
- 26 • Dusil • Brothers
- 29 • Dusil • Christmas
- 31 • Dusil
- 34 • Dusil • Inchy
- 36 • Dusil • Pets
- 37 • Dusil • Brothers
- 42 • Dusil • Immigration
• Digital Photo Restoration
• 6 minute 30 second
• CEO • Strategist • Entrepreneur • Speaker
• Photographer • Designer • Creativist • Writer • Blogger
• Teacher • Trainer • Geek • INTJ • Father
Gabriel is a seasoned sales and marketing expert with over 25 years in senior positions at Motorola, VeriSign (acquired by Symantec in 2010 for 1.25 billion US$), SecureWorks (acquired by Dell in 2011 for 612 million US$), and Cognitive Security (acquired by Cisco in 2013 for 25 million US$). He is a blockchain entrepreneur, with strengths in international business strategy.
Gabriel has a bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics from McMaster University in Canada and expert knowledge in crypto incubation, cloud computing, IT security, and digital video technology. Gabriel also runs his own company, Euro Tech Startups s.r.o.
Hobbies include photography, video production, motion graphics, digital graphics, photo restoration, carpentry, martial arts, traveling, blogging, and trying to be better than yesterday.
- Dusil Photography • https://dusil.org
- Model Mayhem • ModelMayhem.com/Dusil
- Fotopátračka • https://www.fotopatracka.cz/u/dusil
- Model Management • https://www.modelmanagement.com/member/dusil-photography/
- Facebook • https://www.facebook.com/gdusil/
- Twitter • https://twitter.com/dusilg
- Instagram • https://www.instagram.com/gdusil/
- LinkedIn • https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabrieldusil/
- Personal Blog • https://gabrieldusil.com/
- Professional Blog • https://dusil.com/
- Consulting • https://EuroStartups.tech