• As huge as he was, Cezar was a gentle giant. He never bit any of us. Cezar even made futile attempts to play with our cats but was abundantly clear that – when push came to shove – he was terrified of claws. I loved our first cat Puci, but I was a bad guardian. As a toddler I wasn’t versed in the etiquette of looking after animals. To keep my toddler brain amused I tortured him endlessly. In one horrifying incident, I piled every single pillow I could find in the house, on top of him. When I eventually removed them one by one and couldn’t find him. Suddenly my mischief changed to terror, regretting that something had happened to my cat. It was one of those moments when the consequences of my actions slapped me in the face. As I scrambled to find Puci I saw him licking his wounds in the hallway. To my relief somehow he slipped out without me noticing.
• My most regretful moment was when a friend came to visit and I had this brilliant idea to impress him by dropping Puci off our first floor landing to the ground floor! “Cat’s can survive when they fall from a high distance” I said with conviction. Certainly not a proud moment. Thankfully he survived and wasn’t seriously injured. When Puci didn’t come home one day, I blamed myself. I felt that he no longer wanted to endure any more of my abuse. That realization had a lasting effect on my behavior towards our future pets.
• I cleaned up my act when we got Nuri, our second cat. He was named after the Soviet-born ballet dancer, Rudolf Nureyev. I vowed to be good to Nuri and never hurt him. He was a strong cat. Definitely an alpha male, and Cezar didn’t mess with him. In fact Cezar didn’t mess with any creature as small as a tenth his stature.
If you missed the previous posts on Dusil, then click on these links:
- 6 • Dusil • Cezar
- 15 • Dusil
- 23 • Dusil • Emigration
- 26 • Dusil • Brothers
- 29 • Dusil • Christmas
- 31 • Dusil
- 34 • Dusil • Inchy
- 36 • Dusil • Pets
- 37 • Dusil • Brothers
- 42 • Dusil • Immigration
• Digital Photo Restoration
• CEO • Strategist • Entrepreneur • Speaker
• Photographer • Designer • Creativist • Writer • Blogger
• Teacher • Trainer • Geek • INTJ • Father
Gabriel is a seasoned sales and marketing expert with over 25 years in senior positions at Motorola, VeriSign (acquired by Symantec in 2010 for 1.25 billion US$), SecureWorks (acquired by Dell in 2011 for 612 million US$), and Cognitive Security (acquired by Cisco in 2013 for 25 million US$). He is a blockchain entrepreneur, with strengths in international business strategy.
Gabriel has a bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics from McMaster University in Canada and expert knowledge in crypto incubation, cloud computing, IT security, and digital video technology. Gabriel also runs his own company, Euro Tech Startups s.r.o.
Hobbies include photography, video production, motion graphics, digital graphics, photo restoration, carpentry, martial arts, traveling, blogging, and trying to be better than yesterday.
- Dusil Photography • https://dusil.org
- Model Mayhem • ModelMayhem.com/Dusil
- Fotopátračka • https://www.fotopatracka.cz/u/dusil
- Model Management • https://www.modelmanagement.com/member/dusil-photography/
- Facebook • https://www.facebook.com/gdusil/
- Twitter • https://twitter.com/dusilg
- Instagram • https://www.instagram.com/gdusil/
- LinkedIn • https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabrieldusil/
- Personal Blog • https://gabrieldusil.com/
- Professional Blog • https://dusil.com/
- Consulting • https://EuroStartups.tech